#BMBTL17 is a conference on resuscitation that focuses on the skills and knowledge needed to bring your critically ill patients…back to life !
With cutting edge topics and a world class faculty, the conferences will be packed with clinical pearls and only the stuff that matters !
Ventilation, airway, EKGs, pediatric pearls, ultrasound and so much more…don’t miss this amazing conference ! It will be held on October 16th 2017 in downtown Montreal at the Centre Mont Royal convention center.
8:00am / Inscription
8:30am - 8:55am
Championing the difficult conversation
1. To discuss a summary of the evidence on effective difficult conversationing
2. To discuss why and how to have the difficult conversation
3. To discuss where and when to have the difficult conversations
9:00am - 9:25am
1. Understand that ACLS is just a starting point and is inadequate practice for resuscitationists
2. Discuss a new approach to the management of PEA that takes us beyond ACLS
3. Discuss a new approach to the management of asystole that takes us beyond ACLS
9:30am - 9:55am
Use a Knife; Save a Life!
1. Explain critical anatomic aspects of the surgical airway through hands-on examination of the anatomic model, advanced imaging (CT radiography), and video examples of cricothyrotomy
2. Teach a methodical step-wise approach to cricothyrotomy, highlighting efficiency of movements and reliability of performance, even in anatomically challenging patients
3) Review indications for cricothyrotomy in this new age of alternative rescue ventilation devices and oxygenation techniques
10:00am - 10:30am
Intubating the Hypotensive and Acidotic patient
1. Know the pitfalls and dangers associated with intubating critically ill patients
2. Understand how the physiology of shock and acidosis affects the intubation process
3. Know how to optimize the peri-intubation settings in critical context
11:00am - 11:25am
Cardiac ultrasound in Arrest
Mike Mallin & Matt Dawson
1. Learn how ultrasound is used in cardiac arrest.
2. Learn the basics of TEE.
3. Learn how to recognize cardiac activity.
11:30am - 11:55am
EKGs that kill
Alain Vadeboncoeur & Dominic Larose
1. Recognize your deadly knowledge gaps in EKG reading
2. Apply some advanced tools to track the killer EKGs
3. Uncover the killer EKGs before they kill your patient
12:00pm - 12:25pm
How I use Lung Ultrasound- Beyond the basics
1. Review the building blocks of lung ultrasound
2. Review the findings of exudatives vs transudatives effusions
3. Review the findings for atelectasis vs pneumonia
4. Learn how to apply these findings in clinical context
12:30pm - 1:30pm / Lunch
1:30pm - 1:55pm
Resus Pearls for little adults
1. Identify life threatening conditions in the crashing neonate
2. Broaden your differential diagnosis for the critically ill toddler
3. Familiarize yourself with key life-saving paediatric interventions
2:00pm - 2:25pm
End-Tidal CO2 Waveform Analysis
2:30pm - 2:55pm
The Literature Like Never Before
1. Review the literature regarding intensive care
2. Critique the evidence
3. Place this literature in the context of the other available literature in this field
3:30pm - 3:55pm
BRASH syndrome: coming soon to a hospital near you
1. Knowing the clinical presentation and diagnosis
2. Differentiating BRASH from pure hyperkalemia & pure AV Blocker intoxication
3. Understanding the management
4:00pm - 4:25pm
Overwhelmed by resuscitation, or Why does the shit always seem to hit the fan ?
4:30pm - 4:55pm
A Tale of Two Resuscitative Thoracotomies
1. Know the role of thoracotomies in the ED.
2. Understand when it is appropriate to perform a thoracotomy.
3. Understand the impact on the medical team when performing thoracotomies.
this amazing event
Boarded emergency physician, internist, intensivist, echocardiographer…need we say more ?
Host of EM:RAP ? Check. Editor–in-Chief of Core EM ? Check. Course Director for The Teaching Course ? Check. Say no more, Swami’s …
This guy will cut a hole in your throat before even saying hello, and that might be just what you need to be brought back to …
Helped redefine the way bedside ultrasound was taught. Go to Ultrasound Podcast or Ultrasound Leadership Academy if you need proof.
Co-creator of the famous Ultrasound podcast and the Ultrasound Leadership Academy. Brilliant man…although he speaks funny.
Known in the ultrasound world as « Queen Vicki ». When you hear her talk, you’ll know why.
Obsessed with all things critical care: thinking about it, blogging about it, tweeting about it, or dreaming about it. emcrit …
TedTalks anyone ? Oh yeah, that’s what this lady brings to the table, and lots more. Short, dark, and powerful.
This guy has done it all : books, plays, blogs, TV, radio, EKG courses and yes, a whole lot of resuscitation.
This guy always have more ressucitations than ventilators and critical care beds
Talented and driven, she knows all about bringing « little adults » back to life. How about some peds resus pearls ?
He's a sceptic that knows his EKGs, ECMO, cardiac emergencies.
JF Lanctôt & Maxime Valois
They only get to stick around because they started BMBTL